June 18, 2017 - Magic Island, Charleston WV
Well-behaved dogs on non-retractable leashes welcome!
ADMISSION: $5 at the gate
RACING DOG REGISTRATION: $10 per dog
Cash and credit accepted
Registration runs noon to 12:30pm. Races begin at 12:45pm.
PRIZE: Race winners will receive a gift basket
- The Wiener Dog races are for Dachshunds only. If the dog has the breed characteristics then it will be entered. Decisions about which races a dog is eligible to enter are at the discretion of the registration personnel. For the I Wanna be a Wiener Race the Dog must be at least part Dachshund but is allowed to have longer legs than is characteristic of Dachshunds.
- Please be sure your dog has had all required shots for its own protection.
- You may bring your dog’s favorite toy.
- No food (human or dog food) or other pets are allowed in the immediate race area.
- All dogs MUST be on a leash and will be asked to leave if unruly.
- Owners are required to cleanup their dog’s accidents. Plastic bags available.
- Dogs and owners should be on their best behavior (i.e. no fighting or biting).
- Only two handlers in the race area per dog - one at the start and one at the finish line.
- No waving blankets or other large items. Squeaky toys and small dog toys are allowed. Owners must not throw their dogs to start the race. Release with a hand out to sides for a fair start. Allowed release method will be demonstrated.
- Races will be run in heats with the winner of each heat racing against the other heat winners in their division.
- No dogs not involved in the race and parade are permitted within the race area.
- No selling of puppies or adult dogs of any size or breed on the premises. There may be opportunities to adopt animals from pre-approved Rescue Organizations present.
- No wagering on races permitted.
- Proceeds go to the Kanawha-Charleston Humane Association to further their life-saving mission.